“My career is like anybody else’s career, it goes in unexpected directions. What I do is try to figure out what’s happening in the world of work and the world of HR so you can make the best decisions for your HR functions and strategies.” — Josh Bersin (FuelX London 2019)
Based on his “Talent, Technology, and HR Predictions for 2019” report, Josh delivered some powerful workforce and HR insights as to what is happening, what is to come, and how that affects us. We wanted to highlight our top 10 predictions from this report and, if you haven’t already, you can watch the full episode here.
1. “It’s a great time to be in HR”
2. “Technology is moving at a much faster rate than we thought possible”
3. “Digital transformations are not about technology, they’re actually about people”
4. “Your customers want to talk to you more, they want to interact with you more”
5. “The fastest-growing segment of the workforce is people over the age of 50”
6. “By the year 2024, 25% of the workforce is going to be over the age of 55”
7. “The essential issues of leadership really haven’t changed – agility, listening, customer centricity, being aware of the organization, understanding how to work in a network”
8. “The really big issue is what I call the untethering between the employer and the employee”
9. Only 37% trust CEOs
10. “People will feel good about working for you and they’ll have a much more dynamic and productive experience in your company if they feel that they can trust you”
About the FuelX Learning Series™
We’ve captured the best bits from our FuelX Career Experience Conference & Awards, and we’ve packaged each keynote talk for our amazing community to enjoy! Complete with the slides from every presentation, we’ll be adding a new episode to our CareerLabs™ hub every fortnight starting with a dual-release from Anne Fulton‘s opening keynote “Your Future, Our Passion” (CEO & Co-Founder, Fuel50) and Josh Bersin‘s “Talent & HR Predictions 2019”. Episodes to follow feature that of Christine Landon (eBay), Shreya Nidadavolu (Indeed), Lynda Barton (Roche), Paul Corke (Lloyds Banking Group), and Jo Mills (Fuel50).
Subscribe to get notified
We notify our community of all new releases — white papers, emerging research, webinars, podcasts and more! Don’t miss an episode from the FuelX Learning Series™, make sure you’re subscribed!